Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Convention Swaps & Sneak Peek: Santa's List

It's Christmas in July!  The sad thing is I've had my preorder from the Holiday Catalog for several weeks and this is the first thing I am sharing on my blog:

Colors: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Santa's List.  Big Shot: Deco Labels Circle Collection Framelits.  Accessories: Season of Style Designer Series Paper and Neutrals Candy Dots.
This was the first set from the Holiday Catalog I knew I had to have.  And I think it might be my very first Santa stamp ever.  Usually I pick the snowflakes, trees, and snowmen, but there was just something about this Santa and his list that caught my eye.  Maybe it was just that it's a line art stamp that doesn't have to be colored to look cute.  And in case you can't tell, these new Deco Label Framelits are my new favorite shape.  They just layer so well with so many other shapes that we have.

I made this card for a Christmas Card swap at convention.  It's the only swap I joined multiple groups of this year and I was not disappointed in the least.  Fabulous swaps Stampin' Addicts!

The Holiday Catalog goes live tomorrow, so if you haven't received your copy of it yet, please let me know so I can get one to you now. 

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Great card! I love the circle inside that framelit shape! I think I'm going to have to use that layout!

Anonymous said...

He is a really cute Santa, isn't he? Definitely fits the Coca-Cola image that comes to mind for many of us. Your card is so pretty; love the deco frame behind the circle - nice touch!
p.s. I'm tempted to get this stamp set and the rotary one that contains NAUGHTY on it and make tags for some of my younger cousins ;)

Paper Art Garden said...

The Santa stamped in red looks really nice. I love the plaid paper too.