Friday, August 2, 2013

Convention Dislay: Happy Big Day!

I have another project from my convention display samples to share with you today.  This one I really felt like I stretched outside my usual comfort zone to make.  And I was surprised how much I liked it in the end:

Colors: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Island Indigo and Crushed Curry.  Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Dictionary and Chalk Talk. Big Shot: Chalk Talk and Deco Label Framelit Collections.  Accessories: Candy Dots and Stamp-a-ma-jig.
First of all, I always struggle with stamp layering.  I just don't feel like I do it right.  But I think with this card, I'm getting a step closer to getting the hang of it.  Second of all, I also had to master the use of a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get those lines down the side even close to lined up. This is a wonderful tool that helps you get your images straight and exactly where you want them on the page.  I just don't use it very often. But since I undertook the display stamper projects, I find I reach for it more and more. 

My next class is coming up in two weeks.  We will be making a version of this card at that class.  It's ever so slightly simpler and adds Pool Party to the color scheme and a little less sponging (although I think the sponging adds a lot to it so class participants can choose to add that step.)
I will be posting the rest of the projects either today or tomorrow so watch for them. All of the projects are inspired by something I learned or some swap I received at convention so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Paper Art Garden said...

The layered stamping looks great. The labels, shapes and colors look really nice together.

Yapha said...

I love those shapes layered together! I never would have thought of it, but they look amazing!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job with the layered stamping. Looks like a great DSP or something! Great color combo, too!

Tanya Boser said...

I am so glad you stretched your style! These both turned out fantastic! And yes, sometimes we really must reach for the SAMJ...