Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stocking Die for the Big Shot

I was stamping with my friend Missi several weeks ago and I was talking about what I was going to do for my Christmas class.  I had just finished my Halloween banner and I knew that I wanted a different banner for Christmas.  That's when the idea hit me: string stockings together from the brand new, super cute Holiday Stocking Big Shot Die.  I finally had a chance to get it on paper:

Colors: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White.  Big Shot: Holiday Stocking Bigz L, Serif Essentials Alphabet.  Punches: Five Petal Flower, Large Oval, 1/2" Circle, Postage Stamp.  Accessories: Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon, Old Olive Scallop Polka Dot Ribbon, Brads, Mini Clothes Pins, Brights Buttons, Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper, Glitter Paper.
I love the little clothes pins that hold the stockings in place on the ribbon.  I forgot I bought these and almost ordered more before I found them in my extra embellishment drawer.  And I need to give another shout out to Missi for suggesting the embellishments on the cuff of the stockings too.  It needed a little something and her suggestion was right on.

I also wanted to offer a card made out of this cute die but then came across one on the internet that turned it into a gift card holder.  I wish I could find it again so I could give credit to the creator. (I really need to be better about writing down where I see things.)

Colors: Marina Mist, Cherry and Whisper White on Left.  Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White on right. Stamps: Four the Holidays. Big Shot: Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die, Snowburst Textured Embossing Folder. Punches: Word Window, Scallop Border Punch, 1-1/4" Circle.  Accessories: Buttons, Bakers Twine, Ribbon.
On the back side of these, the Word Window punch creates a slot for the gift card to slide into like so:
Isn't that clever?  I will be offering both of these projects at my Christmas Card and Gift Crank on November 18 and 19.  You can check out all the details here: http://paulastamps.blogspot.com/p/christmas-crank-class.html

8 comments:

Shelley Z said...

So cool Paula! Wish I lived closer so I could come to your class!

Yapha said...

Great use of the stocking die! That banner is super cute, and the gift card holders are great as well!

Twila said...

Woohoo! Paula great projects. I LOVE that Blue stocking! Love how you can make it into a gift card holder. You need to eneter them in the BS contest. Yep you do. :)

Jen Timko said...

Love, love it! Thanks for sharing!

Missi said...

It turned out darling Paula! I love the little clothes pins to hold it.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Your killing me stop with the stocking die. lol k I will order it!!! I LOVE them!! Very cute and very pretty!

Cindy said...

This is so cute....I may have to CASE it for my house this year! (BTW, if you join Pinterest, you'll have a place where you can store all the good ideas you find, and be able to go right back to them AND the source whenever you want!)

Mickey Roberts said...

Great projects, Paula! The folks in your class are going to have a great time!