Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Paper Players Challenge #187

Remember when I said I needed to squeeze in an extra post this week because of the challenges I've been trying out?  Here is another one. This time it was The Paper Players Challenge to make a clean and simple Spring card.  Very fitting for the first day of Spring!

And here is the card I made:

Colors: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Coral Calypso, So Saffron, Pistachio Pudding, Pear Pizzazz and Sahara Sand.  Stamps: So Very Grateful.  Big Shot: Bitty Banner Framelits.  Accessories: Simply Scored, Many Marvelous Markers, Gold Sequin Trim, and Crystal Effects.
This one the second stamp set on my list from the Occasions Catalog.  I love these flowers (even though my customers don't like to color much). The one thing you cannot tell from this picture is that after I colored all the flowers and then outlined them in Sahara Sand, I covered them in Crystal Effects.  That is one of my favorite techniques.  It gives them dimension and shine.

And not only did I decorate the front of this card, I also did the inside:

No Crystal Effects on the inside but I did outline everything in Sahara Sand to give it a little depth.

Here's another look at the whole card:

I'll still be back tomorrow with a closer look at a project from my Birthday Bash Class so be sure to check back in then.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is just so pretty...I kind of glossed over this stamp in the catalog, but I keep seeing pretty cards made with it, I may need to re-think it! And the inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside! So glad you played with our challenge this week!