Friday, March 7, 2014

Stampin' Addicts Hidden Treasures Blog Hop: Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/general-stampin-talk/9483-hidden-treasure-blog-hop-march-7-9-a.html
Welcome to stop #5 on the Stampin' Addicts Hidden Treasure Blog Hop.  What exactly are Hidden Treasures?  They are all the fabulous stamps, kits and tools Stampin' Up! has been releasing between catalogs that don't show up in any catalogs but are available to order online or directly from your Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  If you are hoping in order than you've arrived from Twila's Stamp and Little Longer and her look at the fabulous Envelope Punch Board.  That thing is so versatile.  Love it!  If this is your first stop, don't worry because we are all linked together in a loop so you won't miss a thing. If you get lost along the way or you want to chat it up, head on over to Stampin' Addicts.

Just a month or so ago, Stampin' Up! gave us a new card kit called Hip Hip Hooray (item #134998).  It's such a fun kit.  And it's a great deal.  You get everything you need to make 20 cards for $19.95 including three stamps, card bases, embellishments, dimensionals, etc.  It would also make a great gift. Here's a look at the kit:
Of course this kit is designed to make quick and easy cards.  The kit even comes with pictures of the cards you can make.  Here are just a few I made with it:
All items from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit
But it wouldn't be a Stampin' Addict Blog Hop if I didn't take what came in the kit and do something else with it, now would it?  The cards that come in the kit are 3-1/2" by 5".  So here, I took pieces from the kit and made a regular-size (4-1/4" by 5-1/2"):

All items from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit except for Coral Calypso and Basic Gray Card Stock
And of course, we need a little treat box, right?  Here is how I turned one of the cards from the kit into a box.  I just scored it 3/4" on each side and 3/4" from the existing score line in the middle.  Then I used Scallop Border Punch to add a little interest to the box:
All items from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit except the Scalloped Border Punch
I hope you have enjoyed this look at the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit and that you've added it to your wish list.  Next stop on the hop is Stamp and Scrap with Mary and her look at Dude, You're Welcome.

Mary Rindal

Twila Davis

7 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Awesome cards, but I have to say that the little box is my favorite of the bunch! Such a great idea!

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable projects! I love the little treat box... which would work for any of the kits! Very versatile.

Yapha said...

That's a great kit, and I love how you showed that we can make it even more fabulous! That box, especially, is super cute and clever!

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love the treat box. I will have to try that I have a few spare cards I can try on. You do super work.

Twila said...

Love your projects, Paula and of course my favorite has to be the little box of chocolate bars.:)

Debbi said...

Awesome little box! What a great way to think out of...no wait..in the box.

MaryR said...

great cards with this kit, but that treat box is super cute!