Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Minion Invasion!

We've almost made it to the end of a very busy month. Whew!  Yesterday was my oldest's 11th Birthday.  Can't believe how fast the last 11 years have flown by!  Two weeks ago, we celebrated our youngest's 9th Birthday as well.  And since they both had odd-year birthdays, in our family that means you get to have a birthday party.  Eleven is kind of a funny age for a birthday party.  Too old for a themed party and too young for a boy-girl more grown up party.  So he picked to have a friend over to play video games for a few hours.

My 9-year old still wants to have a themed party and invite everyone he knows.  So this year we're having a Despicable Me! Party for all the minions in the neighborhood. My dear friend Linda is making a Minion cake for us and I can't wait to see how it turns out.  And of course that means we need an appropriate invitation:
Colors: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip.  Punches: 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 3/4" Circles and Itty Bitty Punch Pack. Accessories: White Gel Pin and Basic Black Marker

I have to say, that they turned out so cute and were a breeze compared to the last set of invitations I made for his pirate party two years ago.  I actually put these all together in the car on our trip to St. George a couple of weeks back.  To round the top, I cut an oval out from the Oval Framelits and used it as a template.  Then I just layered the circle punches to make the eyes.  For the mouth, I used the 1-3/4" circle punch but only punched about 1/3 of the way into the paper with it. 

Wish us luck since we are doing both boys celebrations at the exact same time: one upstairs and one downstairs.  It will mean total chaos for a few hours, but it will be nice to have it all done and over with too.  Enjoy!

No comments: