Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Is it Spring Yet?

It's has been the strangest winter.  Here in Utah, we had bitter cold weather in  December and piles of snow that are just now almost gone.  But while the rest of the country has bitter cold and piles of snow the past few weeks, we've had rain and 50 degree days.  (And no, I am NOT complaining about that.  I prefer rain and 50s to snow and below zero any day!)

This weekend, we had the chance to go down to southern Utah where the temperatures were right around 70 and I did see some crocuses coming out of the ground.  It was beautiful!  My uncle was clearing his land and getting ready to plant and my cousin broke out the rototiller for her garden.  But my favorite thing was just sitting out in the sunshine and reading or watching my boys run around and get some pent up energy out of their system.

So it's with thoughts of Spring and planting that I share this card with you today:

Colors: Coral Calypso, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Basic Gray and So Saffron.  Stamps: Tag it!  Big Shot: Oval Collection Framelits.  Punches: Bitty Punch Pack.  Accessories: Mini Brads, Occasions Paper Piercing Template, 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack.
This is another project I made for the display boards at convention last year.  The recent Stamp Crew Review Blog Hops reminded me that I still have plenty of samples from the boards to show here on my blog.

I really do hope that Spring is just around the corner for all of us everywhere.  (Of course, we have snow in the forecast today so I'll just keep right on dreaming.)

1 comment:

Debra Burgin said...

In north central Illinois we will be in the high 40s today, which really *does* feel like spring! There's lots and lots of snow to melt, but during a quick trip to the store I looked for a new gardening magazine to get some serious dreaming started! Glad you enjoyed your trip!