Monday, February 24, 2014

File Folder Card

A month ago, I ran out of places to put things in my craft room. (Actually, I probably ran out of room six months ago, but didn't realize it since I hadn't put everything away for quite awhile.)  This lead to the repurposing of some furniture from other parts of my house and a complete reorganization of everything in the room.  Optimistically, I scheduled two days to do this entire project.

Are you done laughing yet?  I know, I laugh when I think how insane it was to think I could finish it in two days too. Especially because I get very little time in my craft room when my boys are home from school.  And since I started this project, one or the other has either had early-out days or been off track.  So that is how this two day project is now entering it's second month.  My youngest goes back to school next week so hopefully I can wrap it up in two days next week.  (Stop laughing).

I have been discovering gems as I've been going though things.  One of them is this File Folder card:

Colors: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black.  Stamps: Mixed Bunch and Feel Goods.  Punches: Envelope Punch Board, Blossom, Itty Bitty Punch Pack and Scallop Edge Border.   Accessories:  Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper, Large Rhinestone Jewels, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.
I am several months behind posting a card with this trendy File Folder technique.  My club gals made this last fall and I never shared it on my blog. So when I came across it again, I decided it was time to share. I followed the directions that Patty Bennett posted on her blog back in September when the Envelope Punch Boards were first introduced.

Essentially, you start with a card that is standard size: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored in the middle.  Then trim off about 3/4" from the front flap. Then you line it up the left side of the front flap in the notch on the punch board and punch.  Then line up the left side of the front flap of the card at 3 and punch again. Trim off the excess from that punch to the right side.  Then flip over the back side of the card and repeat the same process.   Use the corner rounder on the top of the envelope punch board to round both corners that you didn't turn into a tab. 

For this card, I put the Designer Series Paper on the card before I started so they would get punched and trimmed at the same time.  So easy and so cute!  You can change these up a million different ways too.  Enjoy!

No comments: