Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thinlits Card Dies

I can't believe it is nearly the end of August.  Where has the time gone?  And I've kind of been a slacker this week.  We were offered a last minute spot at a different school for my 10 year old son last Thursday so he restarted fifth grade on Monday.  This leaves me home with my 8 year old all day until he goes back on track in 12 days (but who is counting right?).  And we're toying with buying a new car so that means I've entered full OCD mode and have spent entirely too much time looking at cars online the past few days.  We better buy one soon so I can get back to my life.

But you didn't come here to hear about my life, you came here to see something creative. So because I was I didn't post on Monday, I am sharing not one, but two cards with you today featuring the brand new Thinlits Card Dies that make swing cards a breeze!

First, what it looks like closed:
Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla and Basic Black.  Stamps: Tags 4 You and Halloween Hello.  Big Shot: Lable Card Thinlits and Labels Framelits Collections.  Punch: Label Bracket and 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Accessories: Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper.
 Then, when you open the card up, that piece in the middle flips around to look like this:

It's been years since I have made one of these swing cards.  They just took too much effort.  But with these new Thinlits for the Big Shot, they are quick and simple and look fabulous! They come in two different shapes: Label (shown above) and Circle.

So what do the circle ones look like?  Here is my take on a card that Shelli Gardner showed on the mainstage at convention that is a little more stepped up:

Colors: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White. Stamps: Halloween Hello.  Big Shot: Circle Thinlits and Circle Framelits.  Punches: Bracket and Decorative Label.  Accessories:  Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper and Washi Tape, Black Stampin' Glitter, and Whisper White Bakers Twine.
And here is what it  looks like open.


Kind of fun how the little bat spins around on the bakers twine.  One of the best things about these Thinlits is they come with a bunch of accessory pieces to enhance your card.  I didn't use many of those pieces on these cards and unfortunately, these are not shown in any of the catalogs.  But you can check out all the details on this flyer:

And now to top off my other slacker excuses, my internet has gone down twice while I was trying to post this.  Talk about the post that takes all day!  Hopefully I will have more success on Friday!

No comments: