Monday, May 13, 2013

Punch Art Santa

Wasn't this weekend's blog hop fabulous?  It has me reconsidering some stamps sets I've overlooked before, even if I won't be able to use them in my business.  If you missed the hop, it is not too late.  The blogs are all deep linked together so you can still follow along, just start here on my blog: Just Believe.

I promised the details on my Punch Art Santa card.  I feel a little silly sharing a Christmas card in May, but this greeting won't be around later in the year when it is time to start sharing Christmas Cards again:
Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Just believe. Big Shot: Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Punches:  XL Oval (hat), Circle from Itty Bitty Punch Pack (pom pom on hat), Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Cupcake Builder (Eyes), Owl Builder (nose),  Elegant Butterfly (mustache), Ornament (beard), Decorative, Curly and Modern Label. Accessories: Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper, Metallic Brads, White Gel Pen.
As you can see from the supply list, I used a plethora of punches to make this card between the Santa and the greeting.  Did you notice the mustache made with the butterfly punch?  I just cut the top of it off to make it. From this list of punches, the only one that isn't carrying over to the next catalog is the ornament punch so if you like the look of the beard on this, get that punch before it's too late.  The Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper is also retiring.  I have really enjoyed this paper and will miss it.  I'm already crossing my fingers for an equally awesome holiday Designer Series Paper in the Holiday Catalog.

I personally believe in the magic of Christmas so I love how well this greeting works for a Christmas card.  So don't miss out on this set before it's gone for good.  On Wednesday, I'll be sharing the details of the the box and 3x3 card. I'll see you then!

4 comments:

Yapha said...

This is just so cute and clever! I love the mustache. Thanks for the detailed list of punches!

Katherine said...

This really is the cutest little Santa!

Anonymous said...

He really is the cutest! Great job!

Tanya Boser said...

This little guy is so cute, and the texture on his beard really makes a huge difference!