Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Father's Day

I'm trying to find the balance between showing you retiring product and new product.  But with time running out on retiring product, I will probably be showing you more of that then new.  At least this week anyway. 

With May winding down, that means that Father's Day is creeping up on us too.   While it's still a few weeks away, it will be here before we know it. At my recent Card Buffet, I offered a couple of different Father's Day Cards.  This is one features the retiring Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper:

Colors: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Delightful Dozen.  Punches: Decorative Label, XL Oval and Scallop Border.  Accessories: Soft Suede 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, clear embossing powder.
Before this card, I had not even used the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper.  It is beautiful but the colors in it are more fall colors and I didn't get the paper until this spring. One side of the paper is pretty feminine but several of paper feature prints on the other side that would be good for masculine cards too.  That makes the paper very versatile and perfect for a variety of crafting needs. 

Delightful Dozen did make it into the new catalog.  Here I used clear embossing powder over the stamped image so add a little texture to the card and then colored in the "Father's" using the Baja Breeze Marker.  Most of the Baja Breeze items are sold out but I am trying to use up my stash of some of these retiring colors still.

I have one more Father's Day card to share with you on Friday with my favorite masculine set: The Open Seas.  We'll see you then!

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! Love those colors together. Nice textures in the Comfort Cafe paper, too.

Tanya Boser said...

Great guy card! Makes me want to pull out my Comfort Cafe' paper. I do so love it :) Glad I got it on MDS so I will have it forever!

Anonymous said...

Very nice dad card! While making my way through this pack of DSP, I believe I've used the more masculine side more than the floral part. Though my customers have liked the floral parts best. Something for everyone :)