Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Summer Smooches Fabric Flower

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Stampin' Up!?  Because I really, really do. They always exceed my expectations with the quality of product and their customer service.   I was having a small issue with a product yesterday and called Demonstrator Support to ask for some advice.  The agent I talked to went above and beyond to fix my issue and make sure I was satisfied.  We often hear people complain when a company doesn't provide good customer service but that is simply not the case with this company.  I just love it!

Summer Smooches was our preview suite last year before this catalog came out.  I have had this fabric that long and haven't done much with it.  But when they had the Fabric Frenzy a few weeks back, I decided I needed to break this fabric out and put it to use:

Colors: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Whisper White.  Stamps: Sassy Salutations.  Big Shot: Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Blossom Party Original and Circles Original, Oval Framelits.  Accessories: Occasions Paper Piercing Template, Summer Smooches Designer Series Fabric and Paper, Brights collection Buttons and Brads and Whisper White Baker's Twine.
To make the flower, I cut out four of the shapes I wanted with the Big Shot Die.  Remember, these dies can cut through 8 layers at a time, so it doesn't take that long to make them.  Then I folded each in a half and then half again and adhered them to a scrap circle of card stock in a circle.  Then I added a circle of a coordinating fabric to the top and a little Tempting Turquoise button to round it out.  (I have a million of those because it is always the last color to get used.)

This is just one of the cards that will be offered at my Spring Fling Stampin' Buffet next weekend.  Click on the link to get all the details.  I hope to see you there!!

Also, Stampin' Up! just released a new hostess and recruit special.  Host a party or private card class between now and May 30 and you will receive a bonus $30 in hostess benefits (on top of the already generous hostess benefits) when your party reaches $350.  The retirement list comes out next week and this is a great time to host a party.

And the deal is even better for joining my team right now.  New recruits (or old ones coming back) can pick any merchandise in the catalog up to $155 for only $99.  That's an additional $30 in product free!  Now is a great time to sign up because you will have until September to make your first minimums and you will be eligible to preorder from the new catalog with your bonus 10% off your first order of $150 in the first 45 days.  (But there is no penalty for not placing an order at all either). 

Contact me today if you would like more information about hosting a party or joining my team. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this happy card. Great colors, love how the dots repeat in different ways and the fabric flower is just adorable. This is one of those cards you frame for the side table :)

Yapha said...

This card is super cute and really happy! Those colors and the fabric and the sentiment -- they all just look awesome together!

Paper Art Garden said...

Love the card. Everything coordinates so nicely. It makes me think of summer.

Tanya Boser said...

Love the theme of dots through all of the elements!