Friday, April 5, 2013

Goodbye Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery

Yesterday,  Stampin' Up! announced a Color Refresh that included the retirement of 10 current core colors. As I took inventory of my supplies yesterday, I knew I needed to start designing cards for my upcoming clubs and classes that utilized these retiring colors so I could deplete my stock of them before they are gone for good.   My Spring Fling buffet is just three weeks away so I started on some baby cards for that class and this is what I came up with for the baby boys:

Colors: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Whisper White.  Stamps: Moving Forward and Sweet Essentials.  Big Shot: 3" Circle Originals.  Punches: 1" Square and 2-1/2" Circle Punch.  Accessories: 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Essentials Paper Piercing Template, & Many Marvelous Markers.
I will show you the baby girl one I made next week.  I just love this Moving Forward set.  I am kind of torn over it being the Ronald McDonald set this year because that means it will be retiring but I am happy that such a cute set raised money for such a good cause.  If you haven't already purchased it, do it before May 30.

Want to see more of the retiring colors or just get some ideas on how to use up your stash?  The Stampin' Addicts are throwing together a last minute Blog Hop for this weekend to say farewell to some of our favorite retiring colors.  I will be busy today creating with Not Quite Navy to share. The blog hop starts Sunday at 10 a.m. mountain time.   Be sure to check back then!

7 comments:

Yapha said...

This is such a great color combo for baby boys! They will be missed. Love how you used them here!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Love this color combo for babies. I'm going to miss Bashful Blue...

Paper Art Garden said...

The card is wonderful. I love the colors and all the coordinating details. I am going to miss Certainly Celery too. I just ordered a pack of paper!

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I am sad to see Certainly Celery leave. You did a great card.

Carmen said...

Beautiful card!! I'm going to miss this color too!

Tanya Boser said...

You are so good at baby cards!! Love this, and plan to copy it soon :)

Katherine said...

You made these colors look great!