Monday, November 12, 2012

Scentsational Season Cards

When I first saw the Holiday Mini Catalog, I admit, I wasn't very excited about the Scentsational Season Bundle.  However, it was included in the preview bundle that Sr. Supervisors could purchase at an additional discount.  And you know I can't resist a good discount.  And I'm so glad that I bought it because I have loved using it.  And I love that these cute, simple shapes don't have to be cut out because they have matching framelits.

Today I am featuring two cards made with this set:

Colors: Whisper White and Real Red.  Stamps: Snowflake Soiree and Scentsational Season. Big Shot: Windows and Holiday Collections Framlits and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Accessories: Bright Glitter Brads, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper, Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack.
This card was CASed from a card by Jennifer Weide at SunflowerStamper.  When I saw her card, I knew I wanted to make something similar, if for no other reason than I have a ton of that Red Polka Dot paper left after my Halloween Class. I added an extra candy cane to it and changed up the greeting (I just love that Merry stamps).  And since I also have a ton of Real Red Glimmer Brads left over from my Halloween Class as well (I used the other colors that come in the pack) I added them too.  To make the card more mailable, you could leave them off too.  I originally embossed these with the peppermint embossing powder but they have discontinued it due to quality issues.

Colors: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Greetings of the Season and Scentsational Season.  Big Shot: Labels and Holiday Collection Framelits, Tasteful Trim XL Bigz.  Accessories: Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Sugar and Spice Embossing Powder, Rhinestone Jewels, Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper. 

I was also trying to make this card mailable so I didn't want to add too much dimension to it.  But I did emboss it with the Sugar and Spice Embossing Powder.  It made my craft room smell so yummy!  This little gingerbread man is just so adorable.

These are just two of the cards available at my Christmas Stampin' Buffet this weekend.  The last day to RSVP is tomorrow (Tuesday, November 13) so let me know you are coming ASAP!

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Absolutely adorable cards! I love the candy cane one especially!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are adorable, but there is just something about that little gingerbread cookie. It's just too cute!

Tanya Boser said...

Yummy! I wasn't thrilled with this bundle either, until I played with it. Now I love it. Great cards!

Mickey Roberts said...

These cards are adorable, Paula. I was so disappointed that the peppermint ep didn't work out.