Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peaks and Valley Card


These cards are lighting up the blogosphere this week. The first one I saw was from my fellow Swapper's Anon/Stampin' Addict Sistah Rhonda over at The Stampin' Bunny. They are so clever I knew I had to make one too. And this week is my good friend and neighbor Jen's birthday so I whipped it up for her. It is much easier than it looks, especially if you can find all the right tools. (I got bogged down looking for my old paper cutter, but once I found it, it was smooth sailing.)

The quick and dirty instructions:
  • Take a piece of 5 1/2" x 12" card stock.
  • Score it vertically at 2", 4", 8" and 10"
  • Cut it horizontally 1 1/2" from the top and bottom from the 2" score line to the 10" score line.
  • Fold the top and bottom row peak, valley, peak, valley
  • Fold the middle row valley, peak, valley, peak so that it is opposite of the top
  • Embellish as desired
Here is what it looks like closed:


And here's what it looks like from the top (so you can get a good view of the folds):


This card is a great way to use up some scraps of fabulous Designer Series Paper (don't forget it's on sale this month.) And while I was at it, I used up some more on this gift bag too:


Recipes:
Card Stock: Textured Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Bella Rose
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Stamps: All Holidays
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Rhinestone brads, Kiwi Kiss stripped grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paula: I love these! I'm going to try the peaks and valleys card today. You are so talented, daughter!

Twila said...

Very nice Paula. I love this DSP!!!