Monday, June 10, 2013

Stampin' Addicts New Color Blog Hop: Smoky Slate


Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts New Colors Blog Hop!  I feel so lucky to be hopping with these talented ladies again.  If you are hopping in order, then you've arrived here from Cindy Elam's Hearts Delight Cards Blog and her fabulous look at Bermuda Bay.  She is one talented gal!  If this is your first stop on the hop, no worries.  The blogs are linked in a loop so you won't miss a thing. If you do get lost, head on over to Stampin' Addicts to see a complete list of participating blogs or to chat it up.

Today I get to share with you one of my new favorite colors: Smoky Slate.  A few years ago, I was sad when Stampin' Up! dropped Going Gray so I was very excited to have a new lighter gray to use.  It is the perfect neutral color to go with all the brights that are so popular right now but also with the subtles like my first card:

My first card features Smoky Slate with So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz.  Hexagons are hot right now and the Six-Sided Sampler bundle is perfect for making fun and trendy cards.  Here I paired it with the Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder too.

On my second card, I again paired it with Crisp Cantaloupe, but this time I added another new In Color: Pistachio Pudding.  I love that not only did Stampin' Up! give us this great new color, they gave us accessories to go with it.  Here I used the new Smoky Slate Embossing powder on the elephant to give him a little shine and texture.

Now for some brighter tones. This one features the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper which has Smoky Slate paired with Crushed Curry.  I have another card I made with this paper and Smoky Gray that I will share on Wednesday (as well as the details on this one) so come back then! 

If you are a regular on the Stampin' Addicts Hops, you know I always try to throw a 3D item into the mix.  Again, I paired it with a bright: the new Strawberry Slush.  I am in love with the new Chalk Talk stamps and framelits and here I've put the largest tag on a gift bag and then put that inside a box.  Notice the new Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon?  It's very yummy and the perfect accent for so many projects.  I will share the details of this project on Friday this week.

I hope I've convinced you to add some Smoky Slate to your Stampin' Up! color arsenal.  Come back on Wednesday and Friday to learn more about some of these projects and to see the one that didn't make the hop.  Next stop is Sara's Lily's Ink Pad to see her wonderful creations with Soft Sky. 




7 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, didn't know how you would highlight Smoky Slate, but you did a great job! I see lots of new products.. *jealous* Love your projects!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Oh my golly, I love this color! Love the hexagons and the color combos!

Kim said...

Oh wow, I really like this color with Curry! I would never have put them together. Your chalk talk treat box is adorable.

Yapha said...

What fantastic projects! THe hexagon card is gorgeous, and I love, love, love that elephant in Smoky Slate!

Cindy said...

Really love the muted tones in the first two cards and now I'm rethinking my desision to not get the SS embossing powder. And that treat box and tag are sweet!

Patty said...

These are great. Love how you paired the subtles behind that cute elephant. And am really liking the big hexes on the smaller ones.

Tanya Boser said...

You all are putting me to shame! Gorgeous projects, every one of them. That darling baby card, the wonderful Crushed Curry card, soft and dreamy hexagons, and the adorable chevron treat box... love them all!