Monday, June 24, 2013

Something Pink with Sprinkles

Sorry the blog is going to be a bit sporadic the next few weeks.  We have family reunions and company coming besides the excuse I gave last week (working on swaps). So bare with me please.  I do have something to show you today.  We were given the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set at the Salt Lake Regionals in April.  And it didn't take a rocket scientist to match this greeting with the cupcake punch:

Colors: Bermuda Bay, Baked Brown Sugar, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Remembering Your Birthday and Create a Cupcake.  Big Shot: Deco Label and Circles Framelit collections.  Punch: Cupcake Builder. Accessories: Baked Brown Sugar Ruffle Stretch Trim, Subtles Designer Series Paper Pack Stack, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and Rhinestone Jewels.
See?  Had to pair them up.  And I'm sure I am not the first and I won't be the last.  There are a lot of details to love on this card.  My favorite thing is probably the ruffle stretch trim around just the circle part of the Deco Label Framelit piece.  It doesn't take a lot of this beautiful trim to do that, but it adds so much to the card. It's a little difficult to tell, but I also added a line of scallop paper piercing to the side of the card as well as around the Bermuda Bay circle. 

We made this card at my All-You-Can-Stamp buffet last week and I decided to make a stepped up version of it for the Over the Top swap for convention. (Thus, the reason I am sharing it today).   Stay tuned to see that version sometime in late July or early August. But I am also sending this card to my goddaughter Brynn for her 11th birthday this week.  Doesn't it seem like the perfect card for an 11 year old girl? 

4 comments:

Paper Art Garden said...

I like the ruffled ribbon. How could you not like something pink with sprinkles. Thanks for sharing the card.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card. Love the color combination as well as the pattern on the large flag in combination with the multi-layered main element. The ruffled ribbon accent is a beautiful touch.

Yapha said...

Oh those are perfect together! I love all of the elements that you layered, especially the stretch ruffled trim! What a great idea!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, ya! Super cute card! It has all kinds of my favs on it :) Chevrons, paper piercing, ruffled ribbon, a banner, and lots of layers! Now, if you outlined the cardfront with a white gel pen.. oh wait. That is MY obsession, lol!