Friday, October 21, 2011

Perfect Pennant Cards

Today, I promised a closer look at the cards I made for last weekend's Stampin' Addicts Big Shot Blog Hop.

The first card came to me early, early one morning in the moments between sleep and awake.  Obviously the blog hop was on my mind that morning a few weeks back.  When I have these early morning inspirations, they don't always turn out.  Fortunately, this time it did:
Colors: Garden Green, Real Red, More Mustard, Whisper White.  Stamps: Kidoodles and Christmas Greetings. Big Shot: Perfect Pennants Die.  Accessories: Garden Green Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads, Many Marvelous Markers.



A few details to point out about the card.  I love this little elf.  He's the whole reason I purchased this set, even though the set cover several card-giving reasons.  I sponged the edges of the paper to make it pop a little more.  Love that simple, yet messy technique.  I used the medium-sized pennants to really bring the focus on that cute elf.  And last, I ran the ribbon through the scallops to provide an anchor to the elf image too.

The other card I made actually came to me as I was writing my blog hop post.  I realized I didn't have a project that featured the smallest pennant or the other medallion shape.  So voila!  This is what I came up with at the last possible minute:

Colors: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade and Blushing Bride.  Stamps: Easy Events.  Big Shot: Perfect Pennant, Circles #2 Die.  Punches: 1-3/4" circle and Word Window.  Accessories: Many Marvelous Markers, Rhinestone Brads, Whisper White 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Details.
I love how the small pennants made the harlequin design on the card.  The points don't exactly meet up perfectly in the middle so I put the brads on there to cover up the overlap.    I fed the ribbon through the holes in the scallops to soften the look of the card just a bit.  Lastly, I added the Dazzling Details Glitter Glue to the "frosting" on the cupcake to add a little more bling.

So as you can see, the Perfect Pennant Die is very, very versatile and perfect for so many different projects.  I'd love to see what you've created with this die.  Post a link in the comment section (or just leave me a little love if you wish).

No comments: