Monday, October 17, 2011

Paula's Pefectly Pink Princess Pennants

I hope you had the opportunity to check out the Stampin' Addict Blog Hop this weekend.  Isn't there some amazing talent on that site?  If you missed it -- it's not too late.  The posts are deep linked together so you can still hop along.  You can start here.

I promised a closer look at my Princess Banner today so here it is.  First, I knew I wanted to make banner when featuring this die because I love banners and that is exactly what the die is designed to make.  But I'm not entirely sure why I picked to make a pink princess banner.  I am the mom of two boys.  I grew up with four brothers.  So I've never really been surrounded by pink and princesses.  Heck, I don't even know what I'm going to do with this banner.  But my family has a trip to Disneyland planned so maybe I'm just getting my inner princess on. :)

Here is the banner.  Sorry the picture isn't better.  I think I've figured out how to get decent pictures of cards and small 3D projects, but banners are really hard for me.  You can click on the picture to see it a little clearer:


Here is a closer look at the end pennants.  


Notice how I ran each pennant through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder to give it some texture.  To each of the end pennants, I added a lollie and a flower button.
Here's a closer look at the letter pennants:

The letter pennants feature the 2-3/8" scallop circle and 1-3/4" circle punches.  I used the Simple Letters Die and cut them out of the silver glitter paper that is in the Holiday Mini catalog to give it some fun sparkle and shine.  On the ends of these pennants, I also used some more flower buttons to the tips.   And notice the trim on the edges?  Here's a look at the back:

To achieve this look, I used the Pinking Hearts Boarder Punch on thin strips of card stock and glued it along the edges of each pennant.

And of course, you need the supply list.  Here you go:

COLORS: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette 
BIG SHOT: Perfect Pennants & Simple Letters Dies, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
PUNCHES: 2-3/8" Scallop, 1-3/4", and 1" Circles and Pinking Hearts Border
RIBBONS:  Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta, Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon
ACCESSORIES: Silver Glitter Paper, Rose Red, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink Buttons
TOOLS: Simply Scored, Crop-a-Dile


1 comment:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the details--the polka dot folder is one of my faves!