Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spooky View-Master Card

Remember the old View-Masters?  I loved these when I was a kid.  My kids have had one but they just didn't appreciate it the way I did.  I suppose when you have a plethora of electric gadgets and gizmos that make noise and do other crazy things then the old fashioned View-Master might be a bit low tech for kids today.

Today's card pays homage to these toys.  It's called a View-Master card because you spin the dial on the side and a different image comes up in the hole.
Colors: Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie.  Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits.  Big Shot: Clear Circle Bigz Die.  Punches: 1-3/4" Scallop, 1-3/8", 1-1/4", & 1" Circles.  Accessories: Bright Collection Brads, Basic Black Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon.
When I saw this Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp set, I knew I wanted to make one of these cards with it.  Each of the 24 images are designed to fit on the Bingo Background stamp, but work perfectly for this kind of card and plenty of other projects too.  I picked two of the images, the bat and "spooky" and stamped the front of this card and then picked out four other images for the spinner.

Want to see those other images and how it works?  Check out this little video:
I just love cards with interactive features on them.   This card will be featured at my Spook-tacular Stampin' Buffet on October 7 & 8 so you can make one of your very own.  And be sure to check back tomorrow for a couple of Halloween triangle box ideas and don't miss Saturday's BLOG CANDY!!

5 comments:

Yapha said...

Super cute card! That set is perfect for s viewmaster card! and I love your video showing all the images!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! TFS!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Perfect card for this set! I have to make one now!

Missi said...

You are rocking my Halloween loving world! I can't wait for your class!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love your card! Great job on the video!