Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Open Seas still available

Generally, when the Summer Mini Catalog ends, all the stamps, papers and embellishments that didn't make it into the Idea Book and Catalog are no longer available.  This year, Stampin' Up! made an exception with one of my favorite sets from the Summer Mini: The Open Seas.

This set is perfect for masculine cards for any occasion: birthday, Father's Day, graduation, retirement, sympathy, etc, etc. I think I also love it because it reminds me of growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area with lots of nautical-themed things all around. Here are a couple of cards I've made with this set:
Colors: Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla. Stamps: The Open Seas.  Punches: 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circles. Accessories: Retired Designer Series Paper, Vintage Trinkets.
Colors: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.  Stamps: The Open Seas. Accessories: Baker's Twine, Retired Designer Series Paper.

The set comes with five coordinating stamps including the ship, globe, compass, and anchor images and a larger background image that looks like a handwritten ship log.  (That ships log also reminds me of census records and could be used for all kinds of heritage scrapbooking.)

You can order the stamp set online or anytime by contacting me. It is available in both clear mount (item 123032) for $18.95 and wood mount (item 123030) for $23.95.  It is also available as a digital download for My Digital Studio (item 124112) for $3.95.  Unfortunately, the coordinating Designer Series Paper is no long available as paper, but is available as a digital download for My Digital Studio (item 124111) for $4.95

Today is also the last day to RSVP for my All Occasions Buffet this weekend.  Don't miss out!  Let me know today what you'd like to make and how many of each.  You can see all the projects here: Sept. Stampin' Buffet.  I hope to see you there!

Pin It

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love the top one, with the compass.

Shelley Z said...

Both are great cards! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I've made a note to self to place this on my next order! (You sold me on it!)

Stampngrl said...

Love your cards! I'm so glad they're keeping this set available!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards. So glad this set is still available!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the cards--elegant and nautical.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love both of these cards!