Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sneak Peek: Work of Art

I know you love a good sneak peek as much as I do.  And you have probably also come across a card or two made with this set in the past few days.  Stampin' Up! had their catalog premier party on Monday night and all those that attended (it was broadcast to theaters across the country and Canada) got to come home with a copy of the catalog AND a brand new stamp set: Work of Art.

The new catalog is gorgeous!  So many great products and the layout and ideas are fabulous too.  My wish list is very long and sure to get longer as we start to see more and more ideas pop up on Pinterest and other blogs.  I can't wait to share more with you, but for today, I do have a card made with my new set:

Colors: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, and So Saffron.  Stamps: Work of Art and Gorgeous Grunge.  Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine.
I am hooked on blue and yellow right now almost as much as Smoky Slate.  (I had to force myself not to use it on this card).   Work of Art has several stamps that look like swishes of watercolor, including this chevron stamp that is kind of grungy.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up all those chevrons in the various colors.  To get the lightest colors on the top, I used the stamp off technique with Pool Party.   And this set works so well with Gorgeous Grunge. It's like they are the perfect partners in crime.

I promise more sneak peeks next week when I get my preorder.  But in the mean time, I'll be showing off a few more retiring products on Friday and Monday.  Enjoy!

No comments: