Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentines is just around the corner

Today is January 25.  That means Valentines Day is just a little less than 3 short weeks away and my Valentines Class is only one week away!  It's probably time for me to start sharing the details of some of the projects here on my blog.  If you want to see them all and get the details, click on the Valentines & More Buffet tab above.

For the past several classes, I have been offering frame inserts.  I knew I wanted to do one for Valentines Day but when I tried to make one following the pattern I used for Christmas and Halloween, it just wasn't working. On Pinterest, I saw a printable that used the alphabet to hide I ♥ U and I knew it would be perfect for my class:

Colors: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White.  Big Shot: Typeset Alphabet Bigz and Tasteful Trim Bigz XL.  Punches: Heart Punch.  Accessories: Red and Silver Glimmer Paper, Basic Black Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon and Real Red Stitch Grosgrain Ribbon.

It is a little hard to tell from the picture just how sparkly this turned out. The I and the U do stand out more than it looks like from this picture.  I love our glimmer paper and it is the perfect way to add sparkle and shine to any project -- but especially nice for Valentines.

You can make one of your own at my Class on February 1 & 2 for just $6, frame not included.  It isn't hard to make unless you have a hard time making anything straight. (Like I sometimes do.  Don't look too close).  It fits inside an 8-1/2" x 11" Document Frame that you can get at any big box store.

And you can get your own pack of Silver Glimmer paper just for hosting a Stampin' Up! party during Sale-A-Bration. Contact me today and let's get you and your friends on my calendar!

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh that came out fabulous! What great use of the glimmer paper! I love it!

Katherine said...

I love how the sentiment came together so perfectly. This is an amazing project!

Anonymous said...

AH-Dorable! It looks good on screen, but I'm sure it's awesome IRL with all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing your great project with us. Best of luck for a successful class!

Tanya Boser said...

Awesome insert!! Great way to highlight the glimmer paper since you get a package with a $150 SAB order :)