Friday, January 4, 2013

Pop Up Posies Card

I have one last project from the Stampin' Addicts Spring Catalog Blog Hop to explain: the card. I will admit, this card is a little "froffier" than I would generally make, but I had fun with all the lacy stuff going on here.
Colors: Coral Calypso, Pool Party, Whisper White, Crumb Cake. Stamps: Pop Up Posies Designer Kit. Punch: Large Oval.  Accessories: Pop Up Posies Designer Kit, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Delicate Details Lace Tape, In Color Designer Printed Brads, 2011-2013 In Color Designer Series Paper Print Pack.
The base for this card is 3x6. I love this size and I was a little disappointed when Stampin' Up! discontinued the envelopes that fit this size card.  But I figured I could always figure out how to make my own envelope for it with the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (although I didn't do that yet).

I explained during the hop, that I used the new Delicate Details Lace Tape on this card and a little about it.  In case you missed it, this is a fun new product that makes it so easy to add a little lace to your project.  It is actually tape so that makes it extremely easy to adhere (bonus, I know).


Here is a close up of the flower:

The Pop Up Posies Kit comes with these Calypso Coral and Pool Party flowers.  They aren't exactly card stock, but they are thicker than printer paper.  Here I combined both colors into one flower.  The kit also comes with brads, but I wanted to use a Calypso Coral one, so I went to my stash to pull this one out. 

Once I had it put together, it was still missing something.  That's when I decided to add one of the new Tea Time Paper Doilies, also from the Spring Catalog.  The only problem, they Doilies are 4" and I already told you my card was only 3".  But there are not problems in paper crafting, only opportunities for extreme creativity.  To get it to fit, I folded a "pleat" into the doily both directions.  (I know I should have taken a picture of this step.  Bad Paula!) Then I kind of gathered the edges to make it "fluffy." Clear as mud, right?  I promise to show you how to do this in a future blog post.

The Spring Catalog sales period started yesterday.  If you haven't received your copy of this fabulous catalog, please let me know and I will get one to you.  You can also view it by clicking on the like there on the side. Next week, I will have even more projects to share with products from this catalog so be sure to come back!

6 comments:

Yapha said...

Such a lovely card! That paper tape is perfect on it! You really showed the versatility of this kit with your projects!

Anonymous said...

You do "froffier" well ;)
You did an awesome job with the kit. All of the projects were pretty and inspiring as well. TFS!

Mickey Roberts said...

Thanks for sharing how you "folded" the doily behind the flower, Paula. This card is so pretty!

Jen Timko said...

Love that you used the doily this way! So smart!

Tanya Boser said...

Just scrumptious!! The doily behind the flower is a great wow element :)

Katherine said...

Love love this card and the doily behind the flower. Definitely one to CASE!