Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Very My Digital Studio Christmas

I don't want to give too much away because I'm never sure just who will stop by and read my blog, but it is a very merry My Digital Studio Christmas around here.  Today I want to show you some sneak peeks of the album I just finished last night for my parents' Christmas present.  (They don't know what blogs are so I'm pretty sure I'm safe to share.)

First a little back story.  I am the middle child of five siblings -- all are married and have children ranging in age from 15 to not even born yet.  We are scattered from the San Fransisco Bay Area to Houston, Texas and points in between.  Circumstances have kept us from all being in the same place at the same time since my oldest was about six months old. Four of the five of us have been together at different time since then, but there was always someone missing -- that is until this past summer. Finally, everyone was in the same place at the same time for almost three whole days.  Twenty-five of us under one roof and it happened to be mine.  It took a lot of planning and coordinating but it was ALL worth it in the end to see the cousins get acquainted and become friends and to get to hang out with some of my favorite people.

So for Christmas, my parents are getting a scrapbook of the event all neatly put together, printed and bound using My Digital Studio and Stampin' Up!'s print service.  In my humble opinion, this is the only way to create scrapbooks of events or vacations because it makes it so simple and fast. (Fast is relative because it still took me the better part of three days to put together, but if I had done it by hand, it would have taken me weeks.)

Here's a look at some of the pages from the album.  These are two page spreads in an 11"x8-1/2" album.  You can click on them to get a better look:



I used the Noteworthy Hostess Digital Content CD for the entire album.  I did add a few random stamps from Greatest Moments, Fabulous Phrases and other word stamp kits.  I love this kit and it was really easy to work with to create an album. 

You'll notice my pages are very square and symmetrical.  I know that's not everyone's favorite way to scrapbook, but it makes putting together 38 pages very quick and easy.  A tip that I used on this and is a great way to use MDS is to fill a page with various-sized photo boxes and get them lined up just the way you want them before you start adding pictures to the boxes. Trust me, it's much easier to resize and work with photo boxes than it is with the photos themselves.

I can't wait to give it to them Christmas morning.  They will be here with us for the first time in several years.  I know my Dad will love it!  I have a few other Christmas projects in the works with My Digital Studio that I'll be sharing over the next few weeks.  Are you using My Digital Studio for your holiday gifts or cards?  I'd love to hear about it?

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Those pages look great! What a fabulous keepsake from an amazing get-together!!

Debbi said...

What great pages Paula! Job well done.

Heidi Baks said...

Love it! And yes, MDS for me too - my cards. I've gotten the prints back really quickly, and I'm now waiting on ribbon and cardstock to make them hybrid. Late? Yes. I need to make a digital copy to post on my blog.

So nice you all got to together! Same problem in my family (one of 5 siblings as well).

Krystal De Leeuw said...

What a wonderful keepsake!! I'm sure your parents will love it. And you're right, it would have taken you way longer to scrap this the "traditional" way. Love MDS!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! What a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing the idea, samples and tips. You rock :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is such a wonderful gift!! Amazing!

Carmen said...

I'm sure they loved this gift!!