Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Polar Party

I've confessed my love for Christmas Stamps before.  This is one set that immediately caught my attention when I first saw the catalog.  I *know* polar bears and penguins aren't found in nature together, but they are just so darn cute.
Images (c) Stampin' Up 2011
 The first card I made was a simple one featuring the Northern Flurry Embossing folder and our Shimmer White Card Stock.  You can't tell from the picture, but the shimmery card stock is so pretty.  I added the rhinestones for a little more bling too.
Colors: Island Indigo, Shimmer White, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade.  Stamps: Polar Party and Four The Holidays. Big Shot: Northern Flurry Embossing Folder.  Accessories: Black Stazon Ink Pad, Rhinestone Jewels, Island Indigo and Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.
The second card features the trees from the the set.  They are just so darn cute. I colored them with blender pens to give it more of a water-colored look.  They fit perfectly inside the 2-1/2" circle punch.  And that scallop is actually one of the medallion shapes from the Perfect Pennant die. The card is a "z-fold".
Colors: Old Olive, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Whisper White.  Stamps: Polar Party.  Big Shot: Perfect Pennants Die, 3" circle.  Punches: 2-1/2" circle.  Accessories: Black Stazon Ink Pad, Blender Pens, Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels.

My preorder from the Occasions Mini Catalog arrives tomorrow!  You know what that means, it won't be long until I'll have some sneak peeks for you!

No comments: