Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentines Wreath

I finally finished up all the projects for my Lots of Love Stampin' Buffet over the long holiday weekend.  I think I took a little too much time off of stamping this fall and winter because I felt like I was right back to making all my projects look the same.  But this one project stands out as very different from anything I have ever made before (although it is a similar layout to the Burlap and Blooms kit in the Occasions Catalog).

Big Shot: Heart Collection and Hearts a Flutter Framelits and Spiral Flower Originals Die.  Accessories: 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon, Designer Buttons.  Non Stampin' Up: Hot Glue Gun, 12" Chipboard Wreath Form, and Felt.
The first step to making this wreath was to cover the chipboard wreath an entire roll of the Burlap Ribbon.  Yes, it did take the entire 5 yards to over it and just barely.  I had to make sure when I wrapped it that I just barely covered the edge of the previous wrap to make it all the way around.  I found the chipboard wreath form in the scrapbook section of at my local big box craft store (I bought the felt their in the fabric section).

At first I wasn't sure the framelits would cut through the felt.  But for the most part they did it like a champ.  I did run it through the Big Shot three times (forward, backward and forward again) and there were some small sections that needed to be clipped, but it was so much easier than cutting all of those hearts by hand. 

And do you see those flowers are on there?  Aren't they just gorgeous?  I cut those using the new Spiral Flower Originals Die.  Since it's an originals die, you don't have to wonder if it's going to cut through the felt because those suckers can cut through several layers of fabric at once.

Here is a close up of the hearts and flowers:

This is just one of the projects you can make at my Lots of Love Stampin' Buffet coming up on January 31 and February 1.  The cost is $20 and I will have all the hearts and flowers precut for you so you can simply put it together at the class (or at home) with your glue gun.

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh I love it!! Those hearts and flowers are awesome and look amazing with the burlap!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Paula - it's gorgeous! Beautiful combination of flowers and hearts along with the touches of embellishments. I hope your class attendees have a lot of fun!

Tanya Boser said...

Awesome wreath! I love that you used felt on this, and the flowers are gorgeous :) I am sure you will have a lot of interest in the buffet!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome Wreath!!! I love it!