Friday, February 15, 2013

Chalkboard Friend

Thank goodness it's Friday.  If you saw Wednesday's post, I did find my camera charger, but not my card reader.  Thank goodness I have my laptop with a card reader on board and it is cooperating today.

I promised last week that I would have more Chalkboard cards to share and here is one of them:
Colors: Primrose Petal, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Basic Black.  Stamps: Amazing Family and Hearts A Flutter.  Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter Collection Framelits. Punch: Small Heart. Accessories: More Amore Designer Series Paper, White Embossing Powder, Mini Brads, White Baker's Twine, White Colored Pencil.
This card is based off one I saw on Pinterest by Becky Roberts from Inking Idaho fame.  To make the banner, I cut the various shapes out and then glued them down to the black (after I had finished the chalkboard technique).  Then to make it look more like a banner, I went back and added the mini brads.  Finally, I added the bows at the end to make it look like it was tied to the "chalkboard.". 

If you missed last week's post, I shared a few details about how to do this fun and easy technique here: CHALKBOARD TECHNIQUE.  I still have one more card to share with this technique next week, so be sure to come back for more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute. Your chalkboard cards are all adorable. Love the banner going across this one - too cute.

Yapha said...

Love the chalkboard technique, and that is great stamp for it! Super cute banner, too!

Tanya Boser said...

Love the colors in this beautiful card!

Katherine said...

I love every chalkboard card I see!