Monday, February 25, 2013

Celebrate Today!

A few weeks ago, I was trying to come up with a card to share with my club members that would focus on the blender pens.  I ultimately went a different direction, but I had so many people comment on this card that I am featuring it here today:

Colors: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, and Whisper White. Stamps: Bordering on Romance and Perfectly Penned. Big Shot: Oval Framelits Collection.  Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Coral Calypso Ruffled Ribbon, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Blender Pens.
I have struggled to use this Bordering on Romance set since it was in last year's Spring Catalog.  Water coloring is not my forte.  But I do like it used here to frame the edges of the card.  To color the flowers, I started with blender pens and picked up the ink from the lid of my ink pads.  To add a darker edge to it, I went back with my Coral Calypso Marker to shade the edges.  This greeting from Perfectly Penned works perfect inside the Oval Framelits so it game me a good excuse to break them out again.  I love how Stampin' Up! has been giving us paper piercing templates to go with our Framelits. Makes it so easy to add a little interest to the card.

This card is on the bubble for my next class.  It requires a lot of time to color which is why I didn't do it with my  clubs.  But after several of my customers commented on it, I am considering it. What do you think?

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the colors, and your coloring is fabulous!!

Tanya Boser said...

It is lovely! I can imagine spending a nice therapeutic 15 minutes coloring this cardfront. I am sure it would go over very well in a class!

Katherine said...

This is absolutely beautiful. If they're asking for it, you should do it! I will absolutely miss Calypso Coral when it's gone...I keep saying it but I think I'm secretly in denial!