Wednesday, April 4, 2012

From the Archives

Today's post is brought to from the archives.  I needed some projects to post this week on my blog and I started looking around my stamp room to see what hadn't been posted yet and came across this card:

Colors: Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White.  Stamps: Aviary and Curly Cute.  Big Shot: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Punches: 1" circle.  Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon.
I cased this card from one I saw on Stampin' Addicts by Lynn Put (The Queen's Scene).  I love the layout of the card and for as much as I HAD to have this stamp set, I have hardly used it.  This little owl is so cute though. And these are not colors I would normally reach for together, but I think they make for a cheerful Thank You card.  What do you think?



9 comments:

Yapha said...

Really fun color combo! I wouldn't have thought of it, but it looks fab!! Cute card!

Cindy said...

Love it. And love the color combo, too. The Tempting Turquoise really pops!

Adriana Benitez said...

Adorable card with a fun, happy layout and color scheme. TFS!

Twila said...

I agree with Yapha, wonderful colors, great little card.

Katherine said...

The color combination is so cheerful - I really like the tag across the front too. Lynn does make beautiful cards, but so do you!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Cheerful makes a perfect thank-you note!

Tanya Boser said...

Mmm, I like the colors, and I keep thinking I need to get this set too.

Carmen said...

What a yummy color combo!! Love it!

Mickey Roberts said...

Adorable card, Paula! Love this stamp set, too, and I've used it; however, I never seem to remember to give it love. And it was one of my MUST HAVES when it first came out in the catalog. Oh, well...