Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Edgelits Card Box

Today is the day!  The Occasions Mini Catalog is live and you can start placing your orders.  I wasn't able to share with you picture of the Edgelits and Framelits before because Stampin' Up! has rules about such things.  But first a closer look at my card box project from the blog hop:
Colors: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White.  Stamps: Loving Thoughts.  Big Shot: Adorning Accents Edgelits, Labels Collections Framelits, Fun Flowers Die.  Accessories: Twitterpated Designer Series Paper and Designer Buttons, 3/8" Blush Blossom Pleated Satin Ribbon
The box was made from a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  For the base, use a 7 3/4" x 9" piece of cardstock and score at 1-1/2" on all sides. Cut your corners and fold into a box.    For the top, use a 6 7/8" x 8 1/8" piece of cardstock and score at 1" on all sides.  Cut your in at your corners and fold to make a lid.  To get the fancy border, I used the Edgelits.  You will have to fold you lid before you cut so that it will fit through your Big Shot.

Colors: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray.  Stamps: Loving Thoughts.  Big Shot: Adorning Accents Edgelits and Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.  Accessories: Twitterpated Designer Series Paper, Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Rhinestone Jewels.
I wanted to keep the cards simple but still add some wow and I think the textures and the shapes do that.  The card box will hold several of these.  I made four all the same.

And now for a look at how you use these Edgelits:

As you can see from the picture, you will need your Tab 2 for your multipurpose platform and two clear plates. See how easy it is to line the Edgelit up where you want it on your project? (I love these things!)  You can use some temporary adhesive to hold it in place so that it doesn't slip when you run it through your machine. 

The Edgelits and the Framelits come in nice heavy storage envelopes.  But I saw an idea on Pinterest to store them in a DVD case, like the ones our clear-mount stamps come in.  I altered mine to use a magnetic strip instead of a magnetic sheet like was posted and I added little magnets to the spine to store one of the Edgelits.  You can see the other one is tucked underneath the Heart Framelits:
I know you will love these new dies as much as I do.  And customers can start ordering them today. Just head on over to my online store and see all the new products Stampin' Up! is offering in the Occasions Mini.  I know you won't be disappointed.

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Love that box!! And what a great way to store the Framelits!

Katherine said...

I really love that color combination and the jeweled touch on the card. Great project!

Carmen said...

I can't wait to get these! Loved your box!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty box, thanks for the instructions. The card is so pretty, still not over how pretty the embossing is along the cut line. TFS

Heidi Baks said...

Cute box! I bet we'll start seeing all sorts of 3-D ideas with these framelits and edgelits.

Tanya Boser said...

Pretty box! The Framelits and Edgelits add so many possibilities to our projects :)

Mickey Roberts said...

The box is just adorable. And I love the row of bows above the scalloped edge on the card. So pretty!

Shelley Z said...

Fabulous box! I like your idea of the strip of magnet instead of the sheet. I am going to do this!