Monday, August 15, 2011

Holiday Mini Sneak Peeks: Spice Cake Product Suite

Really not trying to rush us through the last month of summer, but I love Fall!  I love that first crisp morning and pumpkins and falling leaves and I could go on all day.

And this year, Stampin' Up's fall suite in the Holiday Mini is adding to my excitement for the season.  It's called Spice Cake and it is just as yummy as it sounds.  Featuring the most beautiful Designer Series Paper ever, a beautiful leaf stamp set as well as fabric and buttons, it is just perfect for Fall or anytime really.  And if digital crafting is more you speed, the paper will be available as a digital download too.  Here is your sneak peek:

Colors: Soft Suede, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla. Stamps: Gently Falling and Fabulous Phrases. Punches: Small Oval and 2-1/2" Circle.  Accessories: Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.
Remember last week, I promised one more card based on the sketch challenge?  Here it is.  Last week I was on a big Soft Suede kick.  Especially when I discovered how cool the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz looks on it.  You can't tell from the picture, but it gives it just a hint of coppery shimmer.  The Gently Falling set is designed for two-step stamping.  Six outline stamps are complimented by six "filler" stamps in all of the common leaf shapes plus an acorn and a maple seed pod.  I have a thing for leaf stamps, and I adore this one.
Colors: Pool Party, Soft Suede, More Mustard, River Rock.  Big Shot: Scallop Square Duo, Alphabet Simple Letters. Punch: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle.  Accessories: Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Fabric and Buttons, 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon.
I love to create banners, but I hate to take pictures of them.  They never look as good in the picture as they do in real life.  So you'll have to use your imagination a bit.  This also features the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper as well as the matching fabric and buttons.  I made this to hang in the entry way to my house, but it has already been requested as a buffet project for September.

Colors: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Delightful Dozen. Punches: Postage Stamp and 1" Square Punch.  Accessories: Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Seam Binding.

I mentioned before that this paper was really good for anytime and here's the card that proves it.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I love paisleys.  And when I saw this paper I just wanted to hoard it and pet it and call it George.  But I made myself cut into it.  (I can order another package of paper after all.)  I thought it was pretty enough that it didn't need too much so I kept it very simple.  But did you notice the 1" square punch?  Finally we have one and it layers perfectly with the postage stamp punch too.

The Spice Cake Product suite will be available to order starting September 1 when the Holiday Mini begins.  I know you will love it as much as I do.

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Such pretty projects!! I didn't love this suite at first sight, but you may be swaying me over...

Anonymous said...

I loved this pattern, ordered the material before I ordered the DSP. Thanks for the inspirations you show here. My stamps are coming out right now!

Shelley Z said...

Your projects are so beautiful! Can't wait to play with mine!

Heidi Baks said...

I bought this suite of products b/c I think it's gonna be easy to put beautiful projects together! Your card is beautiful, and your banner is great!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Well, I do love this paper and I love what you've done with it!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love all of your projects!! Awesome!!

Stampngrl said...

WOW! The paper on that card looks hand-stamped! Beautiful use of the DSP!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Paula, I LOVE that welcome banner! So cool! TFS!

xo B.