Friday, September 25, 2015

Stampin' Addicts Winter Holiday Blog Hop

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9587&p=435820
Last month you got to see the Stampin' Addicts feature the Fall and Halloween items in the Holiday Catalog, now we are back to showcase the Winter Holiday items in the book.  I get to show you one of the great bundles in the catalog: the Holly Jolly Greetings Stamp Set and the Christmas Greeting Thinlits.  I'm a sucker for these word thinlits and I love it when Stampin' Up gives us a stamp set to compliment the thinlits so well.

Colors: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Silver.  Big Shot: Christmas Greetings Thinlits.  Accessories: Silver Thread, Winter Wonderland Embellishments, Silver Foil Sheets, Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper.
When you are mass producing holiday cards, sometimes simple is best, right?  This one is about as simple as they come.  I love the Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. Here I layered the Snowflake print over the watercolor stripes from the Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper for a soft winter scene.  And the Winter Wonderland Embellishments are so pretty and sparkly in real life. 

Colors: Real Red and Whisper White.  Stamps: Holly Jolly Greetings.  Big Shot: Christmas Greetings Thinlits.  Accessories: Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, Red Foil Sheets, Winter Wonderland Embellishments, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Silver 1/8" ribbon.
My second card is a bit more stepped up.  Here I used the large snowflake stamp from Holly Jolly Greetings to stamp on Whisper White in Real Red.  Then I placed the shiny candy-cane striped vellum over the top.  I love how the foil on the vellum perfect matches the Red Foil Sheets in the Holiday catalog to add a little extra shine to the card.

Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla.  Stamps: Holly Jolly Greetings.  Big Shot: Christmas Greeting Thinlits, and Banner and Oval Framelits. Punch: Banner.  Accessories: Mini Muslin Bags, Dots Decorative Mask, Sponge Daubers, Stamping Sponges, Gold Glimmer Paper, Gold Cording Trim, and Clothespins.
Here I wanted to try something a little different so I used the Merry die cut as a mask and sponged all around it with Cherry Cobbler ink to make the focal point for the tag for this treat bag.  I used a stamping sponge instead of a sponge dauber because I wanted it to look softer like the dots on the muslin bag (which I did apply with daubers). 

Colors: Old Olive, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Coral Calypso, Pacific Point and Mint Macaron.  Stamps: Holly Jolly Greetings and Kind of Eclectic.  Big Shot: Christmas Greetings Thinlits, Lots of Labels and Oval Framelits. Punch: Bitty Butterfly.  Accessories: Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Pack, Metallic Foil Doily, Basic Jewels Pearls.
It's always an extra bonus when you can find a non-holiday use for items from the Holiday Catalog.  Here I used the Holly Jolly Stamps and Christmas Greetings Thinlits to make a sympathy card.  I cut Peace out twice, once in Basic Black and once in Calypso Coral and layered them together to add a drop shadow to the word to really make it the focal point of this card.

And now that I've convinced you that you need this bundle, I'll send you on your way!  To navigate through the hop, click on the buttons below.  If you get lost along your way, visit Stampin' Addicts for a complete list of participating blogs.

http://www.lilyinkpad.com/2015/09/seasonal-snapshots-at-stampin-addicts.html

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2015/09/25/snow-place-for-stampin-addicts-winter-holiday-blog-hop/
 



10 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous projects,Paula!! Your Christmas cards are fabulous, but I really love the last one!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the projects, Paula, but especially the last one. Such an excellent use of the word "peace." Really like the snowflake shadow behind the red foil vellum, too.

Unknown said...

Jolly card my fave:) tfs

Unknown said...

Can't get next blog link to work:(

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

great projects! I too really like the last one I never thought to use them that way. Very pretty projects :)

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love your combo of papers and words-- very cool.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of using the die as a mask. Thanks for sharing!

Twila said...

Paula! Beautiful projects! Such a great variety. That little sack has got to be my fav though. Great work!

Heidi Baks said...

Great projects! I just love all the sparkle from the vellum and red foil.

Betty said...

Super ideas!! I especially like the masking and smudgy dots on the muslin bag!