Friday, January 16, 2015

Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/general-stampin-talk/9555-occasions-catalog-hop-january-16-2015-a.html#post434349
It's time for the Stampin' Addicts Occasions Catalog Blog Hop!  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a lot of time to blog or even create.  But I love the Stampin' Addicts so I make sure that if I do anything, it is this blog hop! If you are hopping in order, than you are arriving here from Kim's Stitchin' n' Stampin' blog and her fabulous take on Butterfly Basics.  If this is your first stop, all the blogs are linked in a circle so you won't miss a thing.  If you get lost along the way or want to chat it up, you can click on the banner and head to Stampin' Addicts.

There is a plethora of stuff to love in this catalog.  (We won't talk about how much I've already spent!)  But today I'm showcasing one of my favorites: the Crazy for You bundle.  It is available in wood or clear mount as well as photopolymer if you want to save a few bucks.   It is a set of word Thinlits and a stamp set that helps you complete the thought.  Here are just a few projects I've made with it recently (paired with lots of other new stuff):

My first card was inspired by a card in the Sale-A-Bration brochure featuring the fabulous Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper.  The paper has a glossy print that resists ink so you can use all kinds of fun techniques to add color to it.  Here I spritzed it and then added a little more ink with a sponge to deepen the colors.
Colors: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral.  Stamps: Crazy for You.  Big Shot: Hello You Thinlits.  Accessories: Best Ever Accessory Pack (SAB Exclusive), Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (SAB Exclusive), Tea Lace Paper Doilies. 
 My second card is for Valentines:
Colors: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black.  Stamps: Crazy for You.  Big Shot: Hello You Thinlits.  Punches: Hearts Border and Sweetheart.  Accessories:  Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack, Handheld Stapler and Silver Mini Staples. 
Next is a pocket card using the new a Mini Treat Thinlit Dies.  My nearly 12 year old son helped me design this one, telling me it needed that cute little flower in the corner.   Love it when he is helpful.
Colors: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky and Crisp Cantaloup. Stamps: Crazy for You.  Big Shot: Hello You and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  Punch: Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack.  Accessories: Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, White Jute Ribbon, Soft Sky Seam Binding, Pearl Jewels, Handheld Stapler and Mini Silver Staples.
Last, I have a simple little tag to go on a baby gift:

Colors: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Kraft, and Whisper White.  Stamps: Crazy for You.  Big Shot: Hello You.  Punches: Ornate Tag Topper and Small Oval.  Accessories: Sweet Dreams Washi Tape, White Jute and Hello Honey 3/8" Satin Stitch Ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my projects today.  Now you are off to Yapha Mason's blog and her take on the new alphabet stamp set.   Don't forget to leave a little blog love along the way!

http://yaphamason.com/

http://stitchinnstampinonpaper.blogspot.com/2015/01/stampin-addicts-occasion-blog-hop.html

9 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Such cute projects! I love the colorful background on your first project.

Yapha said...

These are fabulous, Paula! I especially love that super cute tag.

Tanya Boser said...

Oh so much fun with those word dies!! All of your projects are beautiful, but I love the sponged and spritzed background the most :)

Paper Art Garden said...

The projects are really pretty. I really like the combination of cut and stamped words together.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love the You amaze me Card so bright and fun.

Twila said...

Paula, Sooo pretty! Love them all, I think the first is my fav though. The colors really pop! Great job!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love these they all really pop. Yay on your son helping the little flower is perfect!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Adorable projects Paula! LOVE the Valentine so much and the tag is wonderful!

Kim said...

Beautiful projects, Paula! I love the spritzed and sponged card.