Monday, June 16, 2014

Traveler Father's Day Card

I did not intend to take two weeks off from blogging.  But things have been a little hectic at my house the last couple of weeks.  First we decided to do some major yard work in our backyard so I spent about 10 days doing nothing but that.  We've been in this house for four years now and I've always hated our backyard.  It's was just blah!  But after tearing down a fence, ripping out sod, and planting a couple of trees, a few shrubs and many, many perennials, it is looking much, much better.  Now we eat dinner on our deck more often than we don't and are enjoying our yard more and more.

Then I had my big customer appreciation/catalog kickoff event to design and prep.  And that took every waking minute I had last week.  I'm happy to report that it was a smashing success.  A huge thanks to everyone who came!

Now I'm back to normal.  Or at least as normal as my life gets with one kid in school and one kid out of school and swaps to make.

Here is one of the cards my customers made at my event this past weekend.  I put a Father's Day greeting on this one, but I gave my customers the option of several other greetings as well:

Colors: Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory.  Stamps: World Map, Traveler and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Big Shot: Itty Bitty and Circle Framelits.  Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Typeset Designer Specialty Designer Series Paper. 
I love the look of this Traveler Stamp Set.  It's kind of got a vintage feel to it and it celebrates traveling which I love to do.  However, I admit that I stared at this set and struggled to come up with something to make with it.  But I think this did work out in the end.

I do love the new Typeset Designer Series Paper.  It's lighter weight than anything we've had like it in the past and you get 24 sheets for $12.95!

I can't promise that there won't be another two week break in blogging this summer, but it won't be this week.  Wednesday, I'll be showing you the new Fry Box Big Shot die and Friday is the Stampin' Addict's New Catalog blog hop!  So be sure to stop back then.

No comments: