Friday, October 12, 2012

Over the Top Swap

I know that convention was nearly three months ago, I still have a few swaps I haven't shared yet.  And since this one from the Over the Top Swap I hosted at the Stampin' Addicts Meet and Greet is a Halloween card, I thought I'd better share it before October is over.


Colors: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White.  Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits.  Big Shot: Peek-a-Boo Frames Bigz L and Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Embellishments: Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Brads, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper .
So what makes this Over the Top?  First I did a color-block background with the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper on Whisper White Card Stock and ran that layer through the Big Shot to give it a "quilted" texture.  Next, I added two rows of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to the bottom of the card and added a knot on each row.  Then I layered that on Razzleberry Card Stock and mounted it to a Basic Black Card base.  Then I added the Peek-A-Boo Frames with images on the inside AND the outside. When you open the windows, this is what you see:

Since the card was black, I added another piece white card stock to the inside and stamped it too:

So what do you think?  Is it Over the Top enough? 

5 comments:

Yapha said...

Wow! This is such an amazing Halloween card, and totally over the top! Hope you didn't have to make too many for the swap :) Great colors, great layout, love the flaps!

Cindy P said...

Really cute card!

Anonymous said...

I looooove this card! Not only does it have fun colors and great textures, but it's fun with the windows and hidden messages! TFS!

Mickey Roberts said...

Too cute! Love all the touchable textures on this card.

Katherine said...

I love this - those little windows are adorable!