Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Technique Class/Hostess Club - Emboss Resist

Not sure what happened to November and December, but here it is January and with just days to spare, I finally have a post up that showcases the projects for my technique class this month.  Whew!

WHAT: Technique Class/Hostess Club
WHEN: Wednesday, January 20 at 6:30 p.m. (notice this is a change in date from a previous announcement)
WHERE: My House (call for directions if you don't know where I live)
COST: $6 or free with a $25 purchase
RSVP: By noon on January 19

The technique is emboss resist, which is a pretty basic technique so I tried to jazz it up a bit with the spritzer tool on this card:



Stamp Sets: Extreme Surfing (Sale-A-Bration set), Celebrate Everything; Ink: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Bermuda Bay; Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy; Accessories: Embossing Powder, Spritzer, Markers, Brads
 
And then, just because, I have this little box to offer too. I saw a box like this at the Stampin' Up Leadership Conference I just returned from and just knew I needed to offer it at a class.  It's not really emboss resist, but it is embossing, and it does have a fun technique with shimmer paint I would love to show you too.



Stamp Sets: Very Vintage Wheel (Occasions Mini), Vintage Tags (Sale-A-Bration); Inks: Basic Black; Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Striped Grosgrain, Oval Punch, Embossing Powder, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Two-Tags Big Shot die


And at the beginning of the year, it's a good time to join the hostess club portion of technique night too.  It is a great way to build up your supplies and have a chance to earn hostess benefits.  Please let me know if you would like more information.

Don't forget, it is also Sale-A-Bration right now - Stampin' Up's! biggest promotion of the year.  For every $50 you spend, you can pick something from the Sale-A-Bration brochure absolutely free. And the brochure not only has exclusive items it, but for the first time, it also offers regular catalog sets you can get free.

No comments: