Friday, August 31, 2018

My Inky Friends Design Challenge #9

I told myself that once school got started I would get back into keeping this blog a little more updated.  It's been over a week and this is my first post.  Oops!

I knew if I got back into blogging, I would have to join in with the Inky Friends.  This group grew out of the old Stampin' Addicts blog hop group.  They are a fun and talented group of stampers and I'm thankful they are still going strong.  Now besides hosting blog hops, they also host challenges.  And this week, it's a design challenge based on a card featured on page 16 of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. 
This is what I came up with:

Colors: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Mango Melody.  Stamps: Buffalo Check and Country Home.  Big Shot: Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Accessories: Chicken Wire Elements, Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon, Stampin' Blends.
The Buffalo Check and the Country Home stamps and the Chicken Wire Elements are in the brand new Holiday Catalog which goes live September 5.  I admit these weren't on my first preorder, but I just got them this week and I am loving them!  I know you will too.  Trust me.  

This was also the first time I used the Stamparatus on a background stamp and it made the whole process so much easier.  I will never use a block again for that kind of stamping.  And I feel like the Stampin' Blends make everyone look like a pro.  Notice how I used the blends to add some shading to the milk can?  I stamped that straight onto Smoky Slate card stock and then used the Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends to add some shadows.  Easy peasy!

I make no promises about the frequency of my blog posts, but I'm aiming for a couple of times a week at least.  Fingers crossed!

You really should play along with the challenge too.  Be sure to share your creation on the My Inky Friends site so we can all enjoy it. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Jenny Hall said...

Beautiful, Paula!!! (and glad to see you back on the horse)